We are aware that these are concerning times for everyone, including business owners and their families. The coronavirus has become one of the single biggest challenges any of us have had to face. While strict new social distancing measures have been put in place to protect the public, the impact on businesses has been immeasurable.
Understandably, the Government has been holding daily briefings to update the nation on the latest developments as they attempt to bring the COVID-19 outbreak under control.
Included in these updates has been an unprecedented package of measures aimed at supporting the UK economy. The support available to business owners is extensive and ever-changing. To help our members keep on top of these updates, Price Bailey has produced an easy to digest rolling summary of all the Government support that has become available to businesses during the COVID-19 outbreak, along with a whole host of supporting articles in the COVID-19 section of their Content Hub.
The summary is continually evolving and updated on an almost daily basis as more updates become available. It covers a wide range of topics, providing an overview as well as our insights in to areas such as:
- An overview of support and options
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)
- Job Retention Scheme
- Supporting the payment of sick pay
- Support for the self-employed
- COVID Corporate Financing Facility (CCFF)
- Time To Pay support with your taxes
- VAT deferral
- Insurance concerns
- Late filing at Companies House
- IR35 delayed for private sector
- Breach of contract implications
- Retail, hospitality and leisure sector
- Nursery sector
- Recovery, turnaround, insolvency support and debt recovery
It’s at times of considerable uncertainty like this that we want our members to rest assured they have access to reliable and trusted advice and guidance. There is a lot of misinformation out there, and potential scams as people try to exploit the situation.
Make sure you get the right advice before making any major strategic decisions.
Look after yourselves and your families.
Courtesy of Price Bailey– 26/03/2020